Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Explanation Of the Samoa Tatau!


Samoa Tatau

Samoan people have  a lot of celebrations planned during the year. One big occasion is between two people  that are Samoan, and they will wear their celebration for a long period of time. One is going to get a Malu, which is for the women. The other, as the man, he will get a Pe’a. Both of these patterns are from the lovely land of Fiji. In Fiji they had the same tradition. We Samoan people have developed the Malu & the Pe’a from Fiji. because .There are a lot of patterns. If you don’t know them I can tell you some; fasi, va’a, fa’apefu, asoe tasi, pula tele and pula tama. All of these patterns are important like the President of the United States, but important to the Fiji & Samoan people. What is the Malu? Everyone that is not Samoan would probably want to know, as I would talk in my own words I would say, the Malu is a line of patterns that are the same. The malu is a sign or a symbol of respect. As that is my culture, Samoan I would be proud to alway respect it.

My Mother's Malu” by Timena Apa – Heleloa        Los Angeles exhibit explores significance of Samoan tattoos – San ...


No comments:

Post a Comment